Friday, July 01, 2011

On Tuesday it rained. Heavy all day and cleared up at night. My raincoat is good one, picked out specifically so I could ride my bike in the rain and stay perfectly dry. It works; or worked until the cuff of the right sleeve began to turn out. Maybe the glue stopped sticking or maybe it was a loose thread, but the rain runs down my right arm and somehow curls around to get up into the sleeve. By the end of the day, my arm was sopping wet and cold while the rest of me was dry.

I looked up the warranty policy and it sounds like they'll replace it, or fix it. The problem is that it'll take a little while, four weeks at least and I'm not sure how much I'll need it in the next couple months. When it's sunny out like it is today, hot and dry, it's hard to believe that it will ever rain again. It will, I know, but it's hard to imagine anything other than what's right in front of me. I want to send it off but experience tells me I'll be sorry.

**

This morning I came to the realization that the little bell that's been ringing in my head this last month is "morality." At least that's how she put it. Something to keep the clan from splitting apart, to let me know I'm putting the social order at risk. Thanks biology. I'm not going to get specific, but it's funny how things hang around until we notice them. Or are driven to drink. We're out of cat food. It's hot out. End of the second week of school. Is it just me or has the Huffington Post gotten less left and more something else since AOL bought it? Not that it isn't a free country.