Tuesday, March 17, 2009

I Bought

I bought a sweater I bought a pen.
I bought a small animal from the farm.
She bought a puppy and I sold it to her.

I stood in line but changed my mind.
I ran out of the store with a new pair of glasses.
I stole some fishhooks. I bought a book after trading in some used books.

I rode a horse into the saloon and bought a sarsaparilla.
I bought a cat’s health.
I paid the veterinarian.

I bought a train ticket and took a trip.
I bought a bagel and ate it in the store.
I bought one but forgot it. I bought a bag of barley and fed the horse.

I used my debit card.
I used my debit card to buy groceries.
I used my debit card to buy groceries at Trader Joe’s.

Trader Joe’s is crowded full of shoppers buying smartly packaged goods.
I’m one of them.
I was given allowance and I spent it.

I told my sister I was buying food but instead bought pot.
I bought an airplane part but didn’t know how to use it.
I bought into it.

I lied.
I lied to myself about what I wanted and bought wheat bread.
I wanted to buy white bread.