Monday, November 28, 2011

Hi. Good to see you. Happy Thanksgiving. I mean I hope you had a happy thanksgiving. If you celebrate Thanksgiving. I'm not saying that you do. I hope I didn't offend you. I'm really sorry for presuming that you celebrate Thanksgiving. Again, sorry. Meanwhile, I was down in LA to see J & G, and on the way back saw J&J and their new child, J. Drove a truck. Living large. It was fun. When I got back on Saturday I finished off the last two episodes of Mad Men, so as, now I am caught up. Not that that means anything, but it's nice to come to an end thus far, and now I can talk about it with others, like my mom. One of my favorite parts of the show was its pacing. That is, a lot of these TV shows rely on the cliff hanger to get you through, whereas with Mad Men I felt like I could watch an episode, maybe two and go to bed satisfied. A show like The Wire was intense and non-stop, and was really difficult to pull myself away from. It didn't feel good. It felt bad, like when you're looking at the last third of a roll of cookies and thinking, well, I may as well just finish it off. So thanks Matthew Weiner for not jerking me around. Okay. School work to get to.