Monday, October 31, 2011

Yesterday I paid off the rest of my student loan. "Pay Off Account" and I clicked the little circle next to it and then it was done. Eleven and a half years. I wondered when I first started paying my school loan, living in Seattle and writing checks for the first time, where will I be when I pay it off? What will I be doing? Now I know.

**

Tuition at my undergrad has gone up more than ten thousand dollars in the last ten years. Living the wealthiest country in the world; the rate of poverty, education, healthcare, etc. in comparison to other places that have far less than we do, is astounding. Today is Halloween. Tomorrow is November, and Wednesday is the Oakland General Strike. Below is a pretty good primer on the movement:





Your browser is not able to display this multimedia content.



And here is a radio show from this morning that was on NPR, a discussion: